Dr. Shaklee said it years ago, “Health is a neglected subject.”
Unfortunately, this is still true today.
At Shaklee, we focus on building wellness rather than treating disease – and we do this by understanding what our bodies need to optimally function and by providing the best of natural solutions to meet those needs.
What has driven the Shaklee Difference since the beginning is a scientific approach to unlocking nature’s secrets. We strive to discover ingredients and create formulas that support health, some of which have been true breakthroughs.
Our Research & Development scientists create formulas from safe and effective ingredients found in nature. We then scientifically prove their value – not just in the lab – but in people’s lives every day.
Our Approach to Quality
At Shaklee, we obsess over the quality of every one of our products:
- We have an in-house team of PhDs and other scientists who set the specifications for our ingredients and finished products and a Quality Assurance Department which helps ensure those specifications are followed.
- We screen all new botanical ingredients for more than 350 contaminants – well beyond what is required by the United States Pharmacopeia.
- We perform over 100,000 quality tests each year to ensure purity and potency of our products. Much of this testing is performed in our own well-equipped labs, but we also rely on qualified third-party labs.
Proving our Products
Shaklee has been committed to science since our inception.
This is because it is one thing to say products are good, it is another to prove they are effective. At Shaklee, we continue our commitment to understanding human health through scientific studies:
- Shaklee’s longstanding support for nutritional research involves collaborations with leading academic labs that are free and encouraged) to publish their findings. The academics control publication of the results, not Shaklee. Shaklee also has a long history of donating test materials to academic labs in support of their research funded by other agencies.
- Through these collaborations, we have published over 135 scientific papers and presentations, 90 of which are clinical studies published in peer-reviewed publications.
- Our Landmark Study demonstrated the powerful effects of long-term use of multiple Shaklee dietary supplements. People who took Shaklee supplements for 20 years or more had healthier levels of many chronic disease-related biomarkers including HDL cholesterol, homocysteine, and C-reactive protein.
Forrest C. Shaklee
Innovation and science are at the heart of everything we do at Shaklee.
Our Innovation Center is home to the Shaklee Research & Development Team, which develops, tests, and delivers new product innovations to provide meaningful benefits to our consumers.
Our facility contains state-of-the-art scientific equipment used to ensure Shaklee products meet and surpass the highest industry standards of product purity, safety, and effectiveness.
Products within the Shaklee portfolio undergo testing in this modern facility, which includes nutritional research, ingredient development, product/process development, quality assurance, and quality control.
“Science doesn’t stand still, and neither do we”
– Dr. Forrest C. Shaklee